Quality Manager of the Year Award

The Quality Manager of the Year award is bestowed on the outstanding individuals who are catalysts or champions of process improvement through quality management.

The Award aims to: recognize individuals who exemplify excellence and are driven advocates in quality management; promote role models and highlight characteristics of quality managers that are worth emulating; and provide a reference for the career track and development of professionals engaged in the quality field.

Qualifications include: at least five years of experience in quality management, quality control, quality assurance, process management or any related field that drives enterprise-wide improvement; a regular employee of a private or public organization taking on a leadership role in quality management or a related field; and may not necessarily hold the job title “Quality Manager.”

The award criteria: technical competence (20%) – technical knowledge and skills used to advance awareness and practice of quality improvement; professionalism (20%) – conducts himself/herself with integrity and demonstrates quality values; professional involvement (20%) – extent of membership, leadership, certification to quality organizations or continuing professional education; and contribution to total quality management (40%)

PAST AWARDEES

2013          Anthony B. San Mateo
                      Quality, Environment and Occupational Safety & Health Group Manager
                      San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corporation
2014          None
2015          Dr. Rey B. Fremista, MBB
                      Regional Continuous Improvement Champion at STARTEK International
                      TQM Lecturer at National University
                      Liwayway T. Mateo
                      Vice President Corporate Quality Management
                      Jollibee Foods Corporation
2016          Dr. Esmenia Javier
                      Executive Vice President & VP for Academics and Research
                      Lyceum of the Philippines University-Batangas

PSQ Objectives

The Society aims to promote quality awareness and practices in both the private and public sectors through seminars, conferences, publications and awareness campaigns, promote the development of members in quality leadership and technology, advocate total quality management and recognition of outstanding quality companies as a way of institutionalizing quality, link with international organizations for updates in recent trends and latest technologies.

Our Affiliations: American Society for Quality (ASQ), Global Benchmarking Network (GBN), Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO), Philippine Quality Award (PQA) of Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Development Academy of the Philippines (DAP), University of the Philippines Institute for Small-Scale Industries, and Quality and Productivity Association of the Philippines (QPAP), Inc.

Philippine Society for Quality Inc © 2016
Powered by mdc